At Sage in Home, we have done the research for you. So, you can help clients and patients:
- Make better decisions about products and
- Find qualified businesses.
No matter your profession in the spectrum of Aging in Place, Universal Design or Independent Living, we can help you be viewed as:
- resourceful and a
- caring partner.
We have some “how” below, but first ..
Who you can help?
As a professional, you may be helping a range of people with varying needs and abilities.
And, they may have vastly different ideas about homes for “active living” …
- Support aging parents stay in their home longer with safety and comfort;
- Help a family member plan to come home from hospital;
- Live with multiple generations under one roof;
- Make homes visitor friendly, whether toddler grandchildren are visiting grandma’s house or grandparents are visiting grandchildren.
- Proactive! They seek to add years of enjoyment embracing home safety as a smart choice
- Age Gracefully (The single best way to age gracefully is to avoid falls!)
- Make their home safe for visiting grandchildren
- Plan dream homes for visitors of all ages
- Stay active pursuing interests and hobbies
- Make their home safe and friendly for future grandchildren
- Bring elder parents into their home
Sage Help – Guides, Icons & Tips
Our guides are organized to help professionals create homes for Active Living – whether you are helping a caregiver, a Senior or a Boomer.
- Remodeler helping a client select a walk-in bath in a home renovation
- Home care provider assisting a Senior helping a Senior with bath safety and discussing grab bars
- A retailer adding a new product line such as installed shower benches
- A hospital discharge professional discussing bath safety product options.
1. Feature Guides
Sage in Home Product Feature Guides are are well-researched and practical – to help your patients and clients make BETTER CHOICES.
Feature by feature, we discuss:
- Health Concerns
- Lifestyle Goals
- Safety and Comfort considerations
2. Health & Lifestyle Icons
Our Health & Lifestyle Icons give you pointers and tips based on Daily Living for mobility, ease of use, vision, hearing and memory, as applicable.
Lifestyle topics are Grandkids, Green Living and Visitors – for multi-generational living and visitor friendly homes.
Sage in Home has a category tag for each of the Sage Icons so you can easily find tips and articles based on your client’s or patient’s interest
3. Safety and Comfort
And we have Sage Tips about safety and comfort that reference back to feature choices!
The products in our database meet our minimum safety criteria; and we ensure complete data for a few key safety features for each product category, such as weight capacity.
Build your Network
When we planned Sage in Home, it was very important to us that anyone using the website could take action to help create a home for active living. In October 2015, we split the website:
- Sage in Home for professionals
- Sage Tip is for consumers.
For professionals and businesses helping create better home for active living, we built directories of service providers (sagepro.sageinhome.com).
These directories are also accessible to consumers from Sage Tip.
On Sage in Home, use the main NAV bar: Search Directory, to find “Sage Professionals” who are experts in:
- daily living upgrades and improvements,
- remodeling and new build projects and
- product selection as well as
- senior home finance.